About Our Dual-Degree Programs
UC Irvine School of Medicine offers five programs that allow our medical students to earn concurrent degrees and tailor their studies to particular career interests and goals.
Incoming medical students, for example, may apply to our Medical Scientist Training Program, which is directed at medical students interested in pursuing research, or to our Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC).
- Students admitted to the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) may pursue a PhD through any of the university's graduate programs, specializing in areas such as stem cell biology, cancer biochemistry, human brain mapping and biomechanics.
Learn more about the MSTP program ›
- Students in our Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC) enroll in a five-year program to become physicians uniquely trained to serve the diverse communities of California, particularly the underserved Latino populations.
Learn more about the PRIME-LC program ›
- Our joint MD/MBA Program trains physicians in various aspects of business with the aim of producing healthcare industry leaders in fields as diverse as health technology, legislative policy and managed care.
Learn more about the MD/MBA program ›
- Our dual MD/MPH Program produces physicians with a master's in public health who are equipped to address the world's changing public health needs.
Learn more about the MD/MPH program ›
- We also offer a students interested in clinical research a master's of science degree in Biomedical and Translational Science (MS-BATS).
Learn more about the MS-BATS program ›